Monday, August 23, 2010

Elephant in the Room


As much as I complained about moving and downsizing closets, a silver lining about the process was getting rid of stuff. Do I really need these notes from 1L year? When was the last time I wore this...or even knew it was in my closet? 

Being organized and having a large walk-in closet in my former apartment is a deadly combination. It means I am able to fit a lot in that closet. It means that I keep a lot of things I do not need. I ended up throwing away/recycled bags of things, and donated another few bags to Goodwill.

My reward? A pretty awesome elephant teapot I found at Goodwill for less than a dollar. I am tempted to go back and find more fun things, but then I try to remind myself that I am trying to get rid of, not accumulate, more stuff.

No comments: