Sunday, March 14, 2010

Springing Forward

Everyone grumbles about springing forward an hour for daylight savings time. I am just happier to being one hour closer to my favorite season. Here is what I am looking forward to this spring . . .

  • Baseball games. Do I care about baseball? Not really. But I love being at Nats stadium soaking up the sun and cheering on the presidents during the President's Race.
  • More out of town visitors coming.
  • Enjoying the Cherry Blossom Festival for the first time in DC without worrying about final exams being around the corner.
  • Two trips to see family in California.
  • Doing anything outside. I finally want to kayak on the Potomac this year and enjoy at a concert at Wolftrap.
  • Leaving work when there is light outside. 
  • Horse races in Virginia, which will allow me to live out my dream of wearing a big floppy hat.

No comments: