Friday, May 15, 2009

School's Out for the Summer

Summer* means being able to go to a Nationals game and stay for extra innings without worrying about waking up early the next morning to study.




As much as I loved law school, yes I was one of those oddballs who loved law school, the biggest downside was probably missing out on fun because I always had reading or studying looming over my head.

I know that once I enter the working world, I will also have time, vacation, and monetary restraints, but I am hoping that will be better than saying no to Foxfields horse races every year because of finals, spending my holidays at home outlining, missing out on UCLA alumni events because of night classes, sporting events because of mock oral arguments, declining wedding or birthday invitations because of some large due date. Overall, I think I did the best I could to balance school and a real life, but I am looking forward to a job that I can leave at work and more free weekends.

*And by summer, I mean the periods of time before and after bar exam studying.

No comments: