Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl Sap

As much as I watch the Super Bowl for the football itself, I love the personal sappy stories that they play before the game. Since my Vikings never make it to the Superbowl, it gives me a connection to the players and I will usually just cheer for individual players based on their story, rather than a team. This year it was Larry Fitzgerald, who hasn't cut his hair since his mom died of cancer. (side note: I discovered that he was born in Minneapolis just a year before me, weird)

I will also confess that I really hate it when they show the losing team after the game. I feel a little less bad for them than I do college players- most of whom won't go pro and make millions of dollars. But I hate to see players crying after losing the big game.

I don't think I need to go into what a great game it was (which made up for the lackluster commercials). Thanks to David for hosting a great party.

No comments: