Monday, July 14, 2008

Wedding Season

As I mentioned yesterday, I attended the bridal shower of one of my friends from high school. Her wedding and another friend from law school's wedding are both in August. Tis the wedding season.

Actually, the wedding season will probably be for another few years. As some of my older friends have pointed out, around this time in my life is when the first big wave of friends are getting married. My friend Helen even told me that she has a budget for it. Smart idea; shower gifts, wedding gifts, plane tickets, dresses, etc--it sure adds up.

I do not mean this in a derogatory way at all, but I could not imagine being Mormon. Many of my Mormon friends from high school are married and/or are part of weddings on what seems to be a weekly basis. That's a lot of money hitting up the registry.

But who puts a pricetag on eternal happiness? It's only the divorce that is billed hourly. Wow, working in family law has makes me sound so cynical . . . I swear I'm not.

No comments: