Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gone Fishing

Right now my parents are in France for the big gathering of pacemaker engineers [note: I went a few years ago and engineers worldwide all dress the same: polo, khaki pants, brown belt, brown shoes] and to visit our family there. Meanwhile, my brother is backpacking through Southeast Asia with his fellow recent-graduated fraternity brothers. What does that mean? I am the last Doan holding down the U.S. of A.

Fortunately I am not the last Doan stuck in her office. Alex's family borrows a cabin from friends up near Big Sur (see below) and have been up there all week. I am ducking out of work early this week to meet them there and will be gone until Sunday evening. A long weekend of beach lounging, winning board games, hiking, and yes, even ocean fishing. We will see how that works out.
[Photo courtesy of MikeLevin.com]

No comments: