Since I am busy packing, I will leave you with some peanut butter facts that I discovered:
- According to the USFDA, 90% of peanut butter has to come from peanuts, while the other 10 percent can be seasonings and stabilizers, etc.
- C.H. Sumner first introduced peanut butter to the world at the 1904 St. Louis World Fair.
- It takes approximately 550 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of creamy peanut butter.
- According to PeanutButter.com, West Coasters like it chunky, while East Coasters go creamy.
- If you estimate 2 tablespoons per sandwich, Americans eat enought peanut butter to make over 10 BILLION (yes billion!) pb&j sandwiches.