Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blueberry Pie Goodbyes

Today was my last day of work at the General Counsel's Office. Out of the many internships, externships, clerkships that I have had over the years, this has by far been the best experience. I always looked forward to coming into the office to work on a diverse array of really interesting cases. You think you know what goes on at college campuses, but you have no idea.

Plus, one of the lawyers baked homemade apple and blueberry pies from scratch so they could have a mini thank you party. They were probably some of the most delicious pies that I have ever had--she even hand-picked the blueberries from Pennsylvania. Truly an office of lawyers after my own heart.

General counsel jobs are difficult to come by because once people obtain these jobs, they never want to leave. But that is a good sign. I am glad that I found a position that is worth aspiring to. Even if I do not find this type of job right out of law school, hopefully I will make my way back to a similar office.

No comments: