Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

Back in the day, my brother and I competed in 4-H public speaking competitions. When my brother was in 7th grade, his speech was about the environment. Although my brother still fared well in his division, I remember being utterly shocked about the comments the judges gave about environmentalism not being as important as my brother said it was.

Even growing up in a conservative area, everyone seemed on board with the environment. We all watched Captain Planet, heard "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and my third grade class bought an acre of the rain forest. But those judges' comments burst my green bubble.

Nowadays, being green is cool again. First Newt, and now I have discovered that Reverend Pat Robertson is on board with fighting climate change as well.




I try to do what I can--cloth grocery bags and lunch bag, public transportation, and not using my ac/heat much--but I know I can do a lot more. Happy Earth Day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You got TAGGED! Read my blog :-)