Thursday, March 06, 2008

Springing Forward

The skies were bright blue today and the air had a crisp coolness. Absolutely my favorite kind of weather.

Even though Spring is officially two weeks away, I decided this morning that Spring is coming early this year for me. Tired of wearing my usual winter work outfit--a rich colored button up shirt with gray dress slacks, my wool pea coat and a scarf-- I opted today for a light blue striped shirt, khaki dress skirt, and khaki trench coat.

Spring has always been my favorite time of the year. However, I appreciate Spring much more now that I live in an area that has seasons. Even though DC has relatively mild seasons, I am ready to be done with continuous gray skies and wintery mixes.

There are many things I look forward to in the Spring. Strolling through the cherry blossoms (note new header) and rows of tulips. Wearing flip flops and skirts again. Being free from having to carry a coat everywhere. Preparing salad with fresh ingredients. Cheering on UCLA through March Madness. Basking in sunshine. Celebrating freedom after finals. Walking around outside at night without freezing.

I may have to wait for Spring, but thank goodness that Spring Break started today. I think we all needed this.

[Picture from at the basin from last year's Cherry Blossom Festival]

No comments: