These terms and slogans have made the already interesting election even more amusing (and cliche, as Slate laments). Here are some the names and election lingo from this election cycle that have seemed to stick...
- Primary/Caucus Days: Super Tuesday-- also known as Super Duper Tuesday, Tsunami Tuesday; the Potomac Primaries-- also known as the Beltway Primary, the Chesapeake Primary, or my favorite- the Crabcake Primary.
- Campaign Followers: Obamaniacs, Fred Heads, Paulites, Hillblazers
- On the Stump: Hope monger (Obama), Mac is Back (McCain), Fired Up, Ready to Go (Obama taken from Deval Patrick), Agent of Change (Clinton), Yes We Can (Obama), Change we can believe in (Obama)
- Punditry Analysis: Youthquake
- Heard on the Streets/Internet: Barack Attack (coined by Alex), Barack the Vote, HuckChuck Facts, Give 'em Hill
[Picture courtesy of Slate]