Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kristina's Day Off

Whenever I was home sick as a kid, I would always watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I thought it was appropriate for the occasion and it was one of the few movies that I never got sick of.

If I had the movie with me here in DC, I would have watched it today. You see, in DC, we are not really prepared for winter weather even though it comes...well...every year. So when I woke up this morning and saw that there was icy rain, I cold my law school's weather hotline. "Classes will begin at 11am today." Yes, that meant that my 9am Wills, Trusts & Estates class was canceled and I could curl back into my warm bed.

Since my only class of the day was canceled, I enjoyed a lovely day off. No crazy shenanigans like Ferris, just sleeping in, a morning at the gym, a lot of laundry, and a Project Runway marathon as I researched for my seminar paper. Leisure does rule.

No comments: