Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Guilty TV Pleasures

I admit it. Right now I am watching Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo. On Sunday I watched Platinum Weddings on WE after watching Extreme Home Makeover.

After reading dense Administrative Law cases, I need mindless television. And after reading about about people dying and disinheriting their children in Wills, Trusts & Estates, I need feel-good shows about love and community.

These are the shows that a lot of people do not like to admit watching. Maybe as progressive and independent women, we feel as though we should not like these sappy programming. But my roommate and I love these shows, which are actually more interesting and 'deeper' than the commercials make them out to be. Don't judge until you watch for yourselves.

Moreover, I am woefully optimistic and am a total sap for the happy endings. My roommate and I were thrilled when we discovered that one of our favorite couples, Patrick and Lola, who met through Millionaire Matchmaker are now getting married.

And you know we are not alone. These shows are still on tv, someone has to be watching them.

No comments: