Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Here I am baby
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
(You got my future in your hands)
I have had Stevie Wonder's song stuck in my head ever since I heard it playing on the video of Obama's Rally. Though Obama was playing the song to show how he's sealing the deal on the democratic nomination, I guess the song works for me today as well.

After over half a year of coming up with a topic, writing, rewriting, and rewriting some more, my comment has been signed, sealed, and delivered to my editors, who will in turn, read it over one more time and send it off to the printers.

Thanks to Alex for bringing me a falafel to get me through the home stretch of writing (I was craving one after watching the West Bank Story), and everyone who has listened to me whine about what seemed like a never-ending process-- I hope I kept it to a minimum.

As strange as it sounds, I actually was a little sad after I sent my final revisions off. My Comment was like my baby, and now it's all grown up and moving on. Fortunately law school does a good job of filling that void by giving you more papers to write and more reading to do.

No comments: