Sunday, November 04, 2007

My Boyfriend, the Crime Fighter

Between reading cases for my Higher Education class and spending time with Alex while he was on duty as a resident director this weekend, I have developed even more respect for people who work at universities.

Technically these students are adults, but then you have to handle people who are usually living on their own for the first time. Not easy.

The stories that Alex is permitted to tell me are crazier than the craziest stories that we read in our Criminal Procedure casebook. Just this weekend, he had four major (and unbelievable) incidents that he had to handle at all hours of the day-- last night from 2-5am.

When we walk through the campus, he knows all the university police officers. I joke that he should become a prosecutor or detective with all his experience handling these situations.

Hearing all of these stories also makes me wonder if the serious drug usage and other criminal activity was as pervasive at UCLA. It is completely possible that I was oblivious to it, especially since it was such a large school. But I am going to venture to say that we had less incidents. GW is the most expensive university to attend in the country, and you know what they say...mo money mo problems.

No comments: