Saturday, November 03, 2007

Mamma Mia

After my tax professor made fun of ABBA during our discussion about Entertainment-Related Business Deductions on Thursday, I felt the need to post this:
“Dare I say ABBA. Everybody says, ‘Ehhh, ABBA.’ Why is that? ABBA was the largest selling (recording act ever). Nobody likes them but they sold more records than anybody in the history of the world, including the Beatles. But everybody hates them. (But) you’re a no-class guy if you like ABBA. Why does everybody go see ‘Mamma Mia?’ Hypocrisy! Rank hypocrisy! I’m not embarassed to say I like ABBA, ‘Dancing Queen.’” --Senator John McCain, responding to what was on his iPod.
I guess there are some things that cut across generations and party affiliations.

(btw, my inability to write anything substantive comes after staring at the Internal Revenue Code for 6+ hours today)

No comments: