Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall Favorites

Living in DC, I finally get real seasons. With a dramatic drop from 90 degree weather to the 60s this week, I remember the many reasons why fall is my favorite season:
  • Pumpkin flavored anything. (Right: Half of the Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Graham-Pecan Crust with Pumpkinseed Brittle that we got at the Taste of Georgetown today)
  • Sweaters, jeans, and boot/flip-flop attire
  • Football season, even if it is a major distraction every Saturday and UCLA loses to bad teams
  • Orange and Brown (but not together) which have seemed to permeate my wardrobe
  • Squashes, especially butternut, and other fall produce
  • The crisp air, especially in the morning
  • Using the crockpot to make chili, stews, and soups
  • Leaves changing color (below is a picture from my balcony last year)
  • Watching kids jump into big piles of leaves

No comments: