Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Home Away from Home

If you ever want to move across the country and get a lot of visitors, move to DC. People are always coming here for conferences, lobbying, grad school visits, or just for fun. We had so many friends staying with us at the beginning of the year that my law school friends joked that my roommate and I were running a hostel/hotel/bed & breakfast.

Luckily, since its summer I get to actually hang out with people; whereas during the school year I sometimes had to miss out on seeing some people or only see them for a brief period. My roommate's brother's fiance is staying with us this weekend, I have a friend from UCLA and one from robotics (yes, robotics) in town this weekend, and we have another friend from UCLA coming in next weekend. Wow, summer just got even busier, but in a fun way.

One of the reasons why I don't think I have ever felt homesick is because I constantly see people from home. It's actually one of the reasons why I didn't apply to the University of Minnesota law school, even though they have a good program and I have like 10 relatives who went to the U of MN. I thought, "No one would visit me in Minnesota!" I'm serious.

So this is an open invitation for any friends or family reading this to come visit. I most likely will be in California next summer so you have one month of summer and 2 school calendar years to visit while I'm here. I don't have much, but I can offer a comfy futon and a Captiol tour.

No comments: