Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just Do It

I've realized that as much as I like making lists of things to do and planning, sometimes I just need to jump in head first. Just thinking about writing my comment was far more stressful than actually writing it. I'll even admit that once I started researching and writing, it was actually fun.

The same goes with the job search. They have law students start thinking and applying for summer jobs a year in advance. When I had my list of things I needed to do looming over me, it was overwhelming. However, after I talked to my mom and she told me that there was a metrolink from our San Clemente house (by the beach and 70 degrees consistently) to downtown and that I could live there next summer, I had a sudden burst of motivation to update my resume. Once I did that, researching firms, talking to the career counselor, getting my resume, etc were all so much easier.

Note to self: Think less, do more.

No comments: