Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Ch-ch-changes

I'm not much of a library person. I never studied at any of UCLA's 13 libraries and when I came to law school, I had a natural aversion to its library as well. However, as a matter of necessity, I started studying in the library and actually found a spot that didn't feel so library-ish. On the second floor, near Lexis and Westlaw printers so I could always pick up my copies, far enough away from all foot traffic and distractions, by the big glass windows for good sunlight, close to the bathroom, and at the big long tables where I could spread out my stuff. It was perfect.

Needless to say when I came to the library today and saw that everything had been rearranged, I was distraught. My spot was gone. In order to install more study rooms, they sacrificed the big tables and openness (pictured above) with more rows of study carrels (like the ones pictured left). As though being stuck in the library didn't feel enough like prison.

They also changed the internet settings at the school, which took me about 1/2 hour to get working. And I found out that John Lim is no longer our Westlaw representative. Too many changes! Is this what I get for going to the library during the summer?

No comments: