- Constitutional law issues all the time! And putting my nerdy knowledge to practical use makes it even better.
- Seven total interns and a fun senior staff creates the busy office environment with lots of projects going on that I haven't had since I interned on the Hill.
- The organization I'm working for is bipartisan, which is something I'm not used to. I'm excited for the challenge, like my first assignment: writing an op-ed convincing Senator Sam Brownback to support habeas corpus restoration for Guantanamo detainees--from a conservative standpoint.
- I get a great mix of handling legal, policy, and political issues, with a side of event planning too (*crossing my fingers for the Sandra Day O'Connor event*).
- I have an office, well actually I share an office but I don't mind because my fellow intern is really nice and we talked about how they suspended Habeas Corpus in Pirates of the Carribean. Yes, fellow law nerd. But most importantly, I got to stock up on office supplies today. Post-its!
It's only been one day but I have a feeling it's going to be a fun summer. I can only hope that I will be as excited when I take my first job out of law school.