Friday, November 03, 2006

Monogamy: It Does A Relationship Good

Call me old fashioned, but I think that keeping a relationship between just one person is a good thing. Though I will say my non-old fashion side doesn't care if it's a guy and a girl, two girls, or two guys. Whatever the combination, I just feel like the only way a relationship can work without hurt feelings is with two people in a committeed relationship.

I am not trying to be judgmental at all, and I'm not saying that you have to be in a committed realationship to be happy. Date lots of different people, hookup with random people, whatever. But if you're going to be in a relationship, why not just make it closed? This middle ground stuff never seems to work. I feel like I can be safe in guessing that 95% of the time the whole open relationship thing doesn't work in the long run. It seems like no matter what you say in your head, the heart gets jealous when one person in the open relationship starts dating someone else. I just feel like all of my friends' relationships problems stem from this problem and it's frustrating to watch over and over again.

No comments: