Sunday, September 13, 2009

AWOL & Apolitical

As you can tell, my blogging has decreased substantially over the past few months and nonexistent this past week. Between mini-vacations, adjusting to my new job with long hours, and realizing the joys of post-work/weekend fun, I am usually too exhausted to write my daily blogs. I have actually started many blogs this week and then fell asleep mid-type.

Further, there is now so much I cannot write about. Cannot write about the details of the crazy cases we see at the courthouse, cannot write about politics , cannot write about "matters of public controversy" (welcome to the "impartial" judiciary). If you could not tell from the tags, that is a lot of my entries. Politics has been such a large part of my life since I started college. It is strange that I cannot be publicly political for a year-- I am just thankful I was not a law clerk last year during the election.

On the one hand, not being able to blog as much does make me sad. There has been so much I want to write about, and I like having a creative and informal writing outlet to balance with the formal and formulaic legal writing I do all day. It gives me time to reflect and simultaneously update friends and family. Yet, on the other hand, I having time to actually live a life and become exhausted from something other than studying.

I think I am going to try to still blog, just not daily. I mean, that is what most normal people do anyway.

No comments: