Sunday, March 08, 2009

Two Days of Solitude

Most people look forward to weekends to relax. While I do enjoy them, they are not necessarily relaxing to me because I feel like I have to balance seeing my boyfriend, friends, UCLA sports, errands, church all with school work. Even with only two classes this semester, I feel like I always have reading to do.

That's what made this weekend so refreshing. In addition to not having pressing reading because I am on Spring break, Alex was gone to a conference and my roommate and most of my friends went home/somewhere for the break. I finally felt like I had time to do everything I needed or wanted to do. I did four loads of laundry, rearranged my room, reorganized and cleaned out my closet, went to the gym, made homemade butternut squash ravioli for dinner, and walked three miles in the beautiful seventy degree weather to buy a new pair of flats because I could. I just needed a weekend where I could catch up on my life.

This weekend really made me excited to graduate and look forward to my post-bar exam life. Do not worry, I do not plan on become a hermit after law school where I do not want to see anyone. I am sure it will be the opposite. I am just hoping that I will have more time for others and myself because I will not have to worry about reading, editing, or outlining all of the time. That is the light at the end of the tunnel that my friends who have graduated have all talked about. I may not get a Spring Break in the "real world," but I hope to have weekends and evenings I can actually enjoy.

No comments: