Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All Fired Up

Last weekend for Valentine's Day, Alex and I went to All Fired Up, a pottery place down the road, and painted each other jumbo cappuccino mugs. Super cheesy, I know, but this gave me an excuse to go to a place that I have always wanted to go.

Even though my brother got the superior artistic genes (our house is covered with his paintings and photography), I love all kinds of arts and crafts. Compared to briefing cases and writing memoranda, listening to music and painting felt so therapeutic. I would seriously consider coming back every week if I could afford it on my student wages.

I cannot wait to have a permanent abode and disposable income so that I can have a sewing machine and craft closet filled with paint and glue guns. You just feel so productive when you can make things yourself.

Coincidentally, my brother asked me for art supplies for his birthday. It must run in the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna steal this date idea. My sister and I used to do this a lot when we were little. We had a crafts store right next to our house that wasn't very expensive and the guy really helped us paint too.