Tuesday, February 03, 2009

25 Things

Since everyone is doing this on facebook, here are 25 random things about me:
  1. Even though I consider myself politically progressive, I will defend the establishment, institutions, traditions, etc.
  2. I can relate most situations in life to the Mighty Ducks movie or my experiences in 4-H or on my high school's robotics team.
  3. I like that I have a boyfriend who can beat me in Trivial Pursuit.
  4. When eating at a restaurant, I will either look at the menu online and pick what I am eating before I get there or make a impulse decision when the waiter or waitress takes my order.
  5. I like to backtrack conversations in my head so I can figure out how the other person and I arrived at a given subject.
  6. When I was four years old, my brother and I got sick on our trip to Disney World. We ate chicken wings every day in our hotel room, and I have been a wing fanatic ever since.
  7. If it were not for my family in California, I could probably be happy living in DC for the long term.
  8. I like walking on sidewalks and hardly ever cut across spaces.
  9. Growing up, I used to have reoccurring nightmares about being robbed. When I was in college, I discovered that my brother had the same nightmares.
  10. I am the only person I know who liked middle school.
  11. Ever since I was a little kid, I would put my books in height order on my bookshelf.
  12. I have watched almost every single episode of Law & Order, but I will always forget the verdicts of the cases so I will watch the episodes again and be surprised.
  13. Hip-hop music is my favorite genre to play in the morning on the radio. I had it on when I drove to high school and to work last summer.
  14. I love miniature things except for baby corn, which remind me of spores on a fern.
  15. I never understood people who had teenage angst or whine all the time, which is probably why I think that Catcher in the Rye is overrated.
  16. In preschool, I was the only girl who painted her dinosaur purple instead of pink.
  17. One of my pet peeves is when people incorrectly think that the First Amendment's freedom of speech provision applies to a situation.
  18. I love planning events and handling logistics, so I thought about trying to figure out a career around it until I realized that I could plan events on the side but I could not practice law on the side.
  19. Even though my brother and I always got along, it was not until I started driving him to school every day in high school did we become really close.
  20. I think my brother and I developed our parent's love for ABBA from our roadtrips to Northern California to see family.
  21. As much as I loved my political experiences in college, and as much as I still follow politics in the news, I have no desire to do anything politically related in the future.
  22. Aside from my mom's eggrolls and chicken curry, I did not start to appreciate most Vietnamese food until college.
  23. I still keep a copy in my bag of the pocket constitution that my AP Government teacher gave me.
  24. In high school, I attended a law program that had us visit American University law school and the DC Superior Court, two places that I would ultimately end up.
  25. I love spending time with my family and feel guilty about doing anything else when I am visiting home.
Bonus fact: I will always remember random facts about people, whether about a good friend or a former former President (George Washington was 6'2, just like Alex and my brother). So filling out this was a good way of compelling others to feed me more random knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you give up blogging???