- Even though I consider myself politically progressive, I will defend the establishment, institutions, traditions, etc.
- I can relate most situations in life to the Mighty Ducks movie or my experiences in 4-H or on my high school's robotics team.
- I like that I have a boyfriend who can beat me in Trivial Pursuit.
- When eating at a restaurant, I will either look at the menu online and pick what I am eating before I get there or make a impulse decision when the waiter or waitress takes my order.
- I like to backtrack conversations in my head so I can figure out how the other person and I arrived at a given subject.
- When I was four years old, my brother and I got sick on our trip to Disney World. We ate chicken wings every day in our hotel room, and I have been a wing fanatic ever since.
- If it were not for my family in California, I could probably be happy living in DC for the long term.
- I like walking on sidewalks and hardly ever cut across spaces.
- Growing up, I used to have reoccurring nightmares about being robbed. When I was in college, I discovered that my brother had the same nightmares.
- I am the only person I know who liked middle school.
- Ever since I was a little kid, I would put my books in height order on my bookshelf.
- I have watched almost every single episode of Law & Order, but I will always forget the verdicts of the cases so I will watch the episodes again and be surprised.
- Hip-hop music is my favorite genre to play in the morning on the radio. I had it on when I drove to high school and to work last summer.
- I love miniature things except for baby corn, which remind me of spores on a fern.
- I never understood people who had teenage angst or whine all the time, which is probably why I think that Catcher in the Rye is overrated.
- In preschool, I was the only girl who painted her dinosaur purple instead of pink.
- One of my pet peeves is when people incorrectly think that the First Amendment's freedom of speech provision applies to a situation.
- I love planning events and handling logistics, so I thought about trying to figure out a career around it until I realized that I could plan events on the side but I could not practice law on the side.
- Even though my brother and I always got along, it was not until I started driving him to school every day in high school did we become really close.
- I think my brother and I developed our parent's love for ABBA from our roadtrips to Northern California to see family.
- As much as I loved my political experiences in college, and as much as I still follow politics in the news, I have no desire to do anything politically related in the future.
- Aside from my mom's eggrolls and chicken curry, I did not start to appreciate most Vietnamese food until college.
- I still keep a copy in my bag of the pocket constitution that my AP Government teacher gave me.
- In high school, I attended a law program that had us visit American University law school and the DC Superior Court, two places that I would ultimately end up.
- I love spending time with my family and feel guilty about doing anything else when I am visiting home.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Since everyone is doing this on facebook, here are 25 random things about me: