Monday, January 19, 2009

We Got the Silver Ticket

Look what Alex and I procured today. Two tickets to tomorrow's inauguration.

Thank you to . . .
  • My mom for telling me this morning her friend had inauguration tickets, which ended up being a false alert but nonetheless inspired me to look for last-minute tickets.
  • David for giving me the head's up the Senator Dianne Feinstein's office was giving out unclaimed tickets in the afternoon.
  • Congresswoman Anna Eshoo for giving me an internship four years ago, which helped me navigate the Hill today on our mission.
  • Congressman Buck McKeon's office for shooting us down so quickly so we didn't waste our time in the ultra-long Congressional lines, but instead at the shorter Senate lines.
  • Alex for being my partner-in-crime and motivating me to stand in line and not give up.
  • The nice man who came all the way from San Diego with his family for the inauguration and kept me company and hopeful while I waited in Boxer's office.
  • All the Californians who reserved tickets, but did not come pick up their tickets.
  • Senator Dianne Feinstein for one silver-section ticket.
  • Senator Barbara Boxer for the other silver-section ticket.
Happy Inauguration Eve! Look for us on TV tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's cool!
Hold up a sign that says Kristina 2016 or something so we can see ya! ;)