Thank you to . . .
- My mom for telling me this morning her friend had inauguration tickets, which ended up being a false alert but nonetheless inspired me to look for last-minute tickets.
- David for giving me the head's up the Senator Dianne Feinstein's office was giving out unclaimed tickets in the afternoon.
- Congresswoman Anna Eshoo for giving me an internship four years ago, which helped me navigate the Hill today on our mission.
- Congressman Buck McKeon's office for shooting us down so quickly so we didn't waste our time in the ultra-long Congressional lines, but instead at the shorter Senate lines.
- Alex for being my partner-in-crime and motivating me to stand in line and not give up.
- The nice man who came all the way from San Diego with his family for the inauguration and kept me company and hopeful while I waited in Boxer's office.
- All the Californians who reserved tickets, but did not come pick up their tickets.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein for one silver-section ticket.
- Senator Barbara Boxer for the other silver-section ticket.