Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last Weekend of Freedom

Over the past few days, I enjoyed my last weekend before my last semester of law school. It is also the last weekend before the inauguration festivities brings in millions of visitors, closes dozens of streets, and basically shuts down the district for a huge party.

It's funny how everyone living here is preparing like it is a natural disaster. Stocking up on essentials, running all their errands, mapping out roads, setting up cots in their downtown offices because bridges from Virginia will be closed, or making their escape plan to other states. I do not blame people though, especially those living or working near The Mall. DC metros are already packed during rush hour, now I am imagining it 10x more crowded. It's going to be crazy; I cannot wait.

[Picture courtesy of Ronnie R. on DCist]

No comments: