Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

And Happy Birthday Dad too! In honor of my Dad (the ultimate planner and goal maker), a new Presidential administration full of hope (still not jaded yet), and in the spirit the new year, I have decided to actually write down my resolutions this year.

A lot of people think resolutions are stupid but I like clean slates at the beginning of the year, tangible checklists, and occasionally fulfilling my year-long goals (this blog was one of them.) Realistically, these will need to be reevaluated once I graduate since some circumstances will change, but most of these will probably be able to endure. So here we go:
  • Spend less time on the computer. I wish I could quantify this better, but I do not need to spend every waking moment with my laptop.
  • Keep a more regular exercise routine. If Barack Obama was able to work-out 90 minutes a day, 6 times a week during the entire election cycle, I think I should aim for at least half of that (45 minutes, 3x a week).
  • Explore more of DC and the East Coast. Visit at least one new city before graduation.
  • Watch less television. No more than an hour a night during the week with exceptions for UCLA basketball games and tv at the gym.
  • Cook more meals for Alex (or have him cook for me) instead of going out to eat as much for date nights.
  • Work on having better posture.
  • Try to stop thinking negatively about people and reduce the gossiping. Two hard things in law school, but a goal nonetheless.
  • Be less of a homebody. Go out more often when invited by friends and do different things with Alex (translate: don't sit around and watch Law and Order reruns at night)
  • Be more 'green'
  • Stop procrastinating on bar exam logistics.
It is a lot, but I guess my last resolution is stop playing it safe all the time. Even if I just try to hit everything on this list, I think it will be worth it.

No comments: