Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Spa Day

I love all things Swedish. Abba, Ikea, meatballs, and Alex (1/2 Swedish). Now I am going to add Hela Spa in Georgetown to that list.

The spa deems itself a Swedish oasis, and I can validate this as someone who has been to the Nordic Country twice. The interior had the sleek lines and clean colors that I love.

My friend and I wanted to go here during Spa week but they ran out of appointments. Fortunately the spa was nice enough to get gift certificates for full body massages (usually $140) for $50. We decided to cash these in after finals and it was such a good idea. It was so tranquil and relaxing, a sharp contrast to law school and exams. I can definitely see how people can get addicted to going to spas.

Though more expensive than the massages I got in Vietnam after finals first-year, a bus ride to Georgetown is slightly cheaper than airfare to Asia.

No comments: