- Most Popular/Easiest: Sarah Palin (both women and men in drag)
- Runners Up: Bristol Palin, Barack Obama, and Joe the Plumber
- Best Cultural Rendition: My Korean friend dressed up as Cho the Plumber
- Most Confused: Bouncer at bar dressed up as Osama Bin Laden with a noose. He was either confusing him with Saddam Hussein or thinking wishfully.
- Cutest: Two thirteen year old girls dressed up as Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin
- Most Creative: The Economy, accessorized with bailout donation cups
- Favorite Dictator: Kim Jong Il (beating out the usual favorite: Fidel Castro)
- Best Old School: Girl dressed up as George Washington. I was quite jealous of her tricorner hat and coat with tails.
- Most Noticeably Absent: John McCain, Joe Six Pack (completely dwarfed by plumbers), Bush & Cheney
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Political Costume Awards
There are always a lot of politically related costumes during election years, especially in DC. I am not a huge Halloween fan but I appreciate creative costumes and how they can create a snapshot of current events. Here are some notes from what I saw last night: