Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I am thankful that I am able to come back home every year for Thanksgiving to cook with my family, for good health, for wonderful family, friends, and boyfriend, and for only having a semester left of school.
---------------------------------------------
I am also documenting our family staples for Thanksgiving so I can have all the recipe links in one place, and if I ever need to host Thanksgiving, I know what I have to live up to:

Alton Brown's Good Eats Roast Turkey
Martha's Chestnut & Apple Stuffing
Andrew's Green Bean Casserole (adapted from French's Fried Onion recipe)
Trinh's Mashed Potatoes
Mom's Spaghetti Squash Salad
Martha's Cranberry-Orange Relish
Martha's Roasted-Vegetable Salad with Warm Roasted Garlic Dressing
Dad's Pecan Pie (adapted from Karo's recipe: 1/2 sugar, double the pecans)

Add my grandma's Vietnamese specialities (ground shrimp on sugar cane, sticky rice, and more) and you have a lot of food. At least leftovers are good study food for finals.

No comments: