Sunday, October 19, 2008

Falling for Fall

Fall is by far my favorite season and yesterday pretty much embodied everything I love about it.

Alex and I started off the day driving through Rock Creek Park, which was especially gorgeous now because the leaves are changing colors. It was bright and sunny, with the autumn crisp in the air, my favorite type of weather.

We headed up the GW's Mount Vernon campus for "Fall Fest" where we got to carve pumpkins, eat pumpkin-flavored treats, and drink apple cider. Of course, I made an Obama pumpkin. It is not as elaborate as some of the jack-o-laterns on YesWeCarve, but I am still proud of my little pumpkin because I did not use a stencil.

Afterwards had turkey, cranberry, and apple sandwiches out at the picnic tables at Jetties, before heading off to the UCLA bar to watch UCLA's homecoming game against Stanford. Of course everything was so much better because we finally won a game.

Changing leaves, pumpkins, apple cider, turkey, football, sweater weather. I love fall.

[blurry photos courtesy of Alex's blackberry]

No comments: