Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Waiting for Godot

I woke up on Monday thinking that it was the day. Then the news said it Tuesday, no wait, Wednesday. Then I brought my cell phone to the gym today thinking I was going to get a text message. And my friend had a dream this morning that Barack Obama was his roommate and was going to tell him who his Vice Presidential pick was, but then my friend woke up.

Who will be Barack Obama's running mate? And the less exciting question: Who will be John McCain's VP pick?

The funny thing is that the choices for Vice President nominees often have no or little bearing on the election, but everyone makes such a big deal out of it. The political pundits have power rankings, the news channels track every move of each potential candidate, the Obama campaign plays things up with this texting idea, and we eat it all up.

No comments: