Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Give em 'Hill

Earlier today, Faithsalutes, my favorite Republican, told me that she felt bad for Hillary because it must be hard to be at the convention. I am sure it must still be hard getting over the loss, but she did a great job of sincerely rallying her supporters to back Obama, framing the debate, inspiring Democrats, and of course, attacking John McCain. I have seen many Hillary speeches but this has definitely been one of her best- (embedded below for your viewing pleasure) right up there with her speech on women's human rights she gave as First Lady. She's pretty amazing.

Along with being ultra moving, I think the video montage yesterday of Senator Ted Kennedy was a good example of how much good you can do outside of the Presidency. After he lost the primary battle to Jimmy Carter, he became the most influential Senator, helping pass landmark bills and creating a legacy that spanned beyond eight years. I have no doubt that if Hillary wanted to, she could become the same kind of leader.

On the annivesary of the 19th amendment, which gave women the right to vote, I am especially proud of being part of a party with so many female pioneers and leaders. In addition to Hillary and Michelle, there is of course Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, and so many more.

Yes, my blogs for the next two days (and probably two months) probably will be pretty partisan, but conventions and elections do that to me.

No comments: