Friday, April 25, 2008

Purgatory Week

At my law school, we have a reading week where we have a whole week off just to study and wait for finals. Although these days are much needed and appreciated, there always comes a point in the week where we just break and feel like we cannot make it through the marathon of finals. I think this is especially true Spring Semester when it is so sunny outside and summer vacation seems so close yet so far.

Yesterday was that day for me. I didn't break down crying or anything, but I felt so mentally and emotionally exhausted. I felt like I would never be able to learn everything that my Wills, Trusts & Estates professor wants or does not want (she takes off points for that too).

However, after going out for two hours (yes, scheduled breaks), seeing Alex, and getting a good night's sleep, I realized that I should be grateful if the most challenging part of my life right now is a law school exam. This does not mean that I will not let myself be frustrated, or even cranky, I just needed a reminder and some perspective to get me through the next week.

Good luck with finals everyone.

No comments: