This question basically turned on which leader had more stature, more influence, had more of a following, etc. Being the philosophical, intelligent, and mature law students that we are, here were some highlights from our debate:
- Ghandi has a much larger following, as evidenced by the number of Ghandi quotes on Facebook profiles.
- In a physical battle, the Catholics have an upperhand having gone through the Crusades. However, not all Indians practiced civil disobedience, remember what happened to the Sikhs.
- No one has ever won an Academy Award for portraying the Pope.
- The Pope has the Pope-Mobile. Perhaps if Ghandi had a Ghandi-Mobile, he would not have been assassinated. (We are horrible, I know).
- Ghandi could turn down dinner if he was on a hunger strike or the Pope was serving beef, but the Pope would be more considerate than that.
- The Vatican has a lot more money, and their own postage stamp.