Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Time Flies . . .

Though 'fun' would not be the first word many people* would use to describe law school, something makes the time fly here.

Today I told one of my friends that I was volunteering at admitted students day. She told me that she was going to follow me around and ask annoying questions, just for fun. I told her that she told me she was going to do the same exact thing last year. Wait, that was one year ago?

It got me to thinking. Today I helped some panicked 1Ls who were trying to turn in their Appellate Briefs when a year ago I was turning in my own. This week I am grading write-on submissions and reviewing Dean's Fellow applications, whereas last year I turned in my write-on paper and DF application. Oh how quickly the table turns.

So to my 1L friends and incoming law students, enjoy the fun moments (yes they do exist) because law school goes by much faster than anyone thinks.

*I am one of those freaks who do think that law school is fun.

No comments: