Monday, March 10, 2008

San Francisco Treat

Per the suggestion of my friends in the working world, I have decided to really take advantage of these breaks that I have from school while I still have them. Since I will be in Southern California all summer, I decided to take an overdue trip to San Francisco to visit my brother and Aunt, and meet up with my parents.

I am really excited because my Aunt and brother have put together a five star mini-vacation for me. Here is what they have come up with:

Wednesday:
-Arrive into Oakland Airport. Aunt picks me up and we meet up with my brother for dinner at Pizzeria Deflina's in the Mission--apparently the hip part of town.

Thursday:
-Explore Berkeley Day with my brother. He will take me to some of his favorite Berkeley hole-in-the wall eateries and take to me to his meditation seminar ("My teacher will of course let you come. He had long dreds and stuff. Dude, it's totally Berkeley!"). We will probably not be watching the Pac-10 basketball tournament, because the only thing my brother hates more than Berkeley basketball is UCLA basketball right now.
-Parents fly in at night.

Friday:
-Explore San Francisco Day with my Aunt and the parents. Ride cable cars and go to some local neighborhoods.
-Dinner at Chez Panisse, the birthplace of California cuisine and named one of the best restaurants in the world.

Saturday:
-Visit the Ferry Building for Farmer's Market, go oyster shucking, visit Sonoma, and end the day with dinner at my other Aunt's house.

Sunday:
-Church with my Aunt, brunch at the Presidio near George Lucas' studio, and walk Crissy Field.
-Red-eye plane back to DC.

Naturally this is all subject to change, but I am writing this in advance because the week I come back from Spring Break is extremely busy so I may not have a chance to write about my trip. Plus, looking forward to this is the only thing getting me through writing my seminar paper.

Finally, apologies in advance for friends who I am unable to see during this trip. Hopefully being in California over the summer will allow me more opportunities to visit.

No comments: