Saturday, February 09, 2008

Had a Ball

Yesterday was the inauguration of American University's President, Dr. Cornelius M. Kerwin. (I know, such a bourgie name.) Even though the law school is pretty disconnected from the main campus, I got an invitation to all of the inauguration events because I work in the General Counsel's Office.

Part of the festivities included the President's Inauguration Ball at the Italian Embassy (above). Having never been to, let along partied in, any of the embassies in DC, Alex and I decided to go to the Ball. Moreover, I wanted an excuse to get dressed up since I missed out on law school prom last year. All in all, it turned out to be a very fun night and the embassy was gorgeous. And though I did not wear glass slippers to the Ball, I almost loss one of my heels in a sidewalk grate. And instead of having a Prince Charming find my shoe, I had an old business man say "Nice heels. It's good to see that some women in DC actually have style." For looking like I am 20, why do I only get hit on by older men?

No comments: