Sunday, December 16, 2007

Luckiest Girl in the World

Last night, my friends and I went out for dinner to celebrate the completion of finals and being half way done with law school. Just when I thought the night could not get any better, Alex and I decided to exchange Christmas gifts early.

After I gave Alex his cute blue nano, he told me to close my eyes. Needless to say that I was equally shocked and giddy when I opened my eyes and saw a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I was even more excited when I opened the box and found out that it was purple. Even after perusing the KitchenAid website many times, I did not even know that they had the mixers in purple.

The majority of my law school friends also happen to be domestic divas, and we have all talked about how we the stand mixer would be our first purchase when we established our homes or the first item on our wedding registries. I never thought I would be getting one so soon, but I was thrilled to put it to use right away.

Since Alex's staff is having a Holiday Party on Friday, I whipped up Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Cookies and Peanut Butter Secrets. Things are so much more fun to make from scratch when you have premium equipment. I felt like a Top Chef or Food Network chef multitasking while my ingredients were mixing.

Although I only tried half a Peanut Butter Secret, Alex said that both were great. The finished product...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG that's too funny. That mixer (in chartreuse or baby blue) is the first thing I'm putting on my wedding registry. And people better put out!

Unknown said...

And I totally blogged about you :-) Just couldn't resist!

http://bestworstblog.blogspot.com/