Wednesday, September 12, 2007

All-Star Students

Part of my job is to take out students to coffee or lunch to give them advice. So far, every person who has sought my advice has been older than me, and yesterday, the student I met with was a wife and mother of two kids.

In that situation, I did not feel like I should have been the one giving advice about time and stress management. I wanted to ask her how she dealt with it, since the family-work/school balance will be something I will be dealing with eventually.

All I have to say is that I have a tremendous amount of respect for parents who go back to school at any level. I know that a lot of them do not want to be looked at differently, but after going through the first year of law school just trying to take care of myself, I will say what they are doing is amazing.

No comments: