Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Senate Slumber Party

I've hit a new political low. I'm watching CSPAN2 online. My AP Government President, who had a license plate holder that said "I'd rather be watching CSPAN," would be proud.

I know its a very serious issue and I hope some good comes out of this, but this Senate all-nighter debate for the Iraq seems like a lot of fun. They even have cots set up and ordered pizza!

Maybe it seems like fun because it reminds me of college and the long long nights of working on USAC campaigns and in USAC offices. Putting up signboards on Bruinwalk in the wee hours of the morning, late night strategy sessions in random campus locations, and spending way too many hours in Kerckhoff. A lot of work, but a lot of bonding. No wonder there were so many USAC romances. I wonder there will ever be a non-adulterous romance between two senators or congress members (you know, rather than prostitutes, interns, or pages).

On a politically related note, a guy who worked for Rep. Kathrine Harris and is working this summer at Homeland Security tried talking to me today. I'm pretty sure I only get hit on by Republicans or crazy people.

No comments: