Saturday, June 30, 2007

Time Flies

Today one of the Deans of the law school had a really nice bbq at his house to welcome the newly admitted Asian students. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we learned that Deans have really nice houses in Maryland suburbs.

As the incoming students asked me and other current students questions about law school, it felt like yesterday when I was equally excited and nervous about starting my own first year. I remember having their same thoughts-- being worried about finding housing, anxious to see my schedule, intimidated by other incoming students who seemed like they knew so much more.

It's amazing how quickly you climb up the totem pole in law school. Especially after first year, the "hard year," you're usually considered an expert of all things law school. I don't think I know that much about being a lawyer but I have figured out the whole law school world. And I feel like before I know it, I'll be a 3L trying to figure out job stuff. That's scary.

No comments: