Thursday, June 21, 2007

Leaving Work at Work

-Yesterday I came home, laid out on a lawn chair, read a book for leisure, and took a swim in the pool.
-Today, I sat on a bench in Farragut Square after work, ate trailmix, and listened to a live band while waiting for my roommate. Afterwards, we went to happy hour with bunch of people from school.
-Tomorrow, my roommate and I are going to a Nationals game, because at the aforementioned happy hour, she won a raffle. Best part: Our seats are in the "Miller Lite Beer Pen," which basically equates to free private bar and lounge along the 1st base line.
-Saturday we're going to the National BBQ Battle!

I only brag because I can. The rest of the year I am usually envious of everyone elses' lives.

The best part about summer and working is that at the end of the day, my work stays at work. I have a little stuff to do for my externship class and law review, but it's not like during the school year. No reading and writing from the time I come home until the time I go to bed. I actually have time to do things other than school. To have fun, to go running, to even just sit and relax. It's so liberating.

No comments: