Friday, June 22, 2007

First Class Baseball'ing

Last night I went to go see a National's game, which was my second time going to RFK stadium in the past month. Although I had fun both times, each game was a dramatically different experience. Whereas last time I sat far up, waited in line forever for the ATM because there was only one machine around, and ate an overpriced hotdog, this time I watched the game in luxury.

Yesterday at Happy Hour, Chandana won tickets to the game and our tickets were in the "Miller Lite Beer Pen." We had been giddy all day and the place definitely lived up to our expectations. The Beer Pen is a private bar and lounge area along the first baseline, with cushy seating and ledges where we could put our food in drink. Inside the lounge, there was an unlimited supply of wings (I was in heaven), hotdogs, peanuts, etc. We also got two free beers tickets, which is more than enough for me. I discovered that wings covered in sweet chili sauce + sunset wheat beer = amazing.

After this experience and getting a taste of the good life, I'm not sure how I can go back to sitting in regular seats again. It's like that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine and Jerry are fighting for first class tickets. Jerry says, "See, you don't know what you're missing. I've flown first-class. I can't go back to coach. I can't, I won't."

But alas, law school student budgets don't really allow for such nice things all the time. I'll just have to rely on my roommate to win me more free tickets. I've never followed baseball but going to games are fun. Plus, I'm becoming a Nationals fan-- and I bought a hat to prove it. Partially because I feel bad for a team that's so bad that they have a better record away than at home, but how could I not love a team that has giant mascots of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and TR run around.

No comments: