Thursday, March 08, 2007

Spring Break?

On the one hand, it hardly feels like Spring Break. First, there's snow on the ground. This is not spring. Secondly, I'm staring at a 500 page packet that I will have to read, analyze, and write a 10 page "comment" on for the law journals' write on competition. Just another part of the 1L hazing process. *shakes fist at law school*

Yet, on the other hand, it's Spring Break. Today after class I plopped down on the couch and watched 'The Real Housewives of OC," because I wanted something mind-numbing to watch and mostly because I could. Even if Spring Break hasn't fully settled in yet, maybe it will tomorrow when I'm flying home (cuddling my 500 page packet) to sunny Southern California to see my parents. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my super comfy queen size bed, see the beach, be pampered by my parents. Plus, I'll be rounding out Spring Break with a trip to Syracuse. Though it's far from spring weather, I'm excited that Alex and I are going to Niagra Falls with his friend and his friend's girlfriend.

I guess in the end, having a change in scenery and being around my favorite people will hopefully make my work more bearable. I should get used to this anyway, I hear that lawyers work a lot. Oh, and you don't get Spring Breaks either.

No comments: