Friday, March 09, 2007

Delayed

On one episode of Hey Dude, one of my favorite Nickelodeon shows, Brad couldn’t think of a talent for the ranch pageant so she countered Melanie’s singing “Home on the Range” with a luggage packing routine. Not only do I think I could beat Brad in a pack-off, I also think I could beat most people at getting through airport security. I can take off my jacket and boots, take out my laptop, load my bags on the conveyor belt, and get through the metal detector in a flash.

Unfortunately my efficient system I’ve developed for getting through security is all for not because my planes are always delayed. Always. Since Thanksgiving I’ve flown on 5 different airlines (United, Cathay Pacific, Vietnam Airlines, United Express, and Northwest… too bad I can’t combine my frequent flier miles) and my 5 of my trips have experienced delays. Moral of the story: don’t get on a plane with me.

My friends might joke around with me and call me a fascist for different reasons, but I would consider it if I could do with planes what Mussolini did with the trains. Kidding, of course.

No comments: