Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Finals Pledge

Today was our last day of classes of the semester. No more lectures, no more reading. One would think that would be cause to celebrate. However, it hardly seems like the end when we have 3 review sessions, absured amounts of studying, and 3 finals in the next 2.5 weeks.

As unavoidable as stress is to my life, I'm going to try to stay as positive as I can. It worked for the past 16 years of my academic career, no point in changing things up now. I've devised a lifestyle gameplan to supplement my academic one. So *drumroll please* to kick off the reading period and my first law school finals ever, I'm making this pledege:
  • I will take care of myself physically. I will sleep at least 7 hours a night, I will continue cooking my meals, I will avoid bad food, I will keep a supply of healthy snacks, I will try to incorporate as much physical activity as possible, I will stay hydrated, I will finally take my vitamins.
  • I will take care of myself emotionally. I will call my family or friends if I need to talk to somoene, I will take little study breaks, I will not completely deprive myself of the things that entertain me like facebook, bad reality tv, IM, or blogging, but instead keep it in moderation.
  • I will not whine too much. I will remember that I chose to go to law school, knowing that it would be difficult and that I would have difficult exams.
  • I will not take out my frustration on other people, my fellow classmates (as eccentric as they can be) or people outside the law school bubble. I will remember that it's ok to be frustrated but trying to make other people feel bad accomplishes nothing.
  • I will be honest with myself. I will not try to fool myself about how much I can accomplish in one day. I won't try to tell myself or others I understand something if I don't.
  • Oh...and I will have fun once finals are over!
Since this is in writing, I'm hoping I will have more reason to follow it. My goodness, I think I just made a contract with myself...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I know this is just intended for the specific finals period, but it sounds like a good set of goals for law school in general and life beyond. I'll have to keep this all in mind.

Good luck, lovey! You're gonna kick some exam ass.