Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sick Day Weekend

Well after eight weeks of working at full speed, being around a sick judge and intern, and enduring the schizophrenic weather patterns, my immune system finally caved. I got sick. I hate being sick. It's a control thing.

While I got my rest as everyone told me to--slept 12 hours each night--I was determined not to be bed ridden. I am not a doctor but I am convinced that staying in bed all day actually makes recovery slower. So I watched football all weekend (UCLA lost, Vikings lost, sad), watched The Firm (a horror movie for a lawyer), and cooked a whole lot of food.

Minestrone soup out of a can did the job on Saturday morning, but there is nothing more nourishing than a home cooked meal. Luckily my cold did not affect my taste buds. Everything was delicious, if I don't say so myself.



Roasted butternut squash with caramelized onions, dried cranberries, capers, and Gorgonzola cheese.  I assumed that orange vegetables had much needed Vitamin C.


North African Meatballs with cous couse and glazed carrots. I don't know how authentic these meatballs are, but the combination of olives, tomatoes, ginger, white wine, and cinnamon was fantastic.

I am feeling much better than I did on Friday, which is good, because we have two more trials this week. 

No comments: